Just before I went to Spain I made a trip to Dublin for the day to film an interview with Vanessa O’Loughlin of Writing.ie, an information-filled, fantastic website aimed at Irish writers but useful to all regardless of geographical location if you ask me. (My post 6 Ways to Sell Your Book Using Social Media is a hit over there, apparently!) In the video we discuss Mousetrapped, self-publishing and Self-Printed, and although I really should have worn something else I quite like the look of my eye-shadow.
It’s a bit long and I know myself how long I give videos on blogs, so if you’re looking for something in particular feel free to skip ahead:
- 0:38: Writing Mousetrapped… and it getting rejected
- 1:41: Getting the idea to self-publish
- 3:12: Making the decision to self-publish
- 4:18: Editing, the importance of
- 5:00: Holding your horses
- 5:52: Writing is re-writing
- 7:10: My scary bedtime story for self-publishers
- 8:20: Good rejections/my Selling Houses phenomenon
- 9:40: Sitting on your book.
I have a blog on Writing.ie called Double-Spaced where I just started a Self-Printed Summer. The idea is that for 8 weeks my posts will guide you through self-publishing a POD paperback and e-book, so if you’re thinking of self-publishing, why not do it now? You can read the first post here.
That’s it for this week. Have a good weekend! I’m off to try and get some writing done.
(And watch the Canadian Grand Prix, of course.)