Catherine’s First and Potentially Last Video Blog

Welcome to the Distress Signals Blogging Bonanza! What’s that, you’re wondering? Well, you can either go and read this post or read the next sentence. In a nutshell: Distress Signals is out in paperback in the UK and Ireland on January 5 and hits the U.S.A. on February 2, and every day in between I’m going to blog as per the schedule at the bottom of this post.

Now today…

(Oh, god. WHY did I say I was going to do this?!)

My first – and potentially last – video blog. *hides behind sofa*

In this episode:

• A tour of Distress Signals in paperback
  • Your questions answered (Some of them. Sort of.)
  • Christopher Pike books
  • Coffee
  • My doorbell

Remember: there’s a super sexy hardcover edition of Distress Signals (the American one, out February 2) up for grabs, signed to you from me. To enter, simply leave a comment on this post or any post published here between January 5 and February 2.

dsbb

A reminder in case you’ve forgotten since the last paragraph: Distress Signals is out in paperback now! If you’ve read it already, hunt down someone you know who likes thrillers and tell them that my rent is very, very high. (Or that you liked it, if you did. You know, whatever works.) If you have no idea what I’m talking about and you’re not quite done with your procrastination yet today, you can find out more about Distress Signals here.

Thoughts on the video blog? A question I can answer next week? A demand that I never do this again? Let me know in the comments below…

22 thoughts on “Catherine’s First and Potentially Last Video Blog

1. annierue says:

I love the video. I’m enjoyed for blog for years, but it’s also so fun to see your face!!! Congrats on the beauty MM paperback!

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 8:00 AM, CATHERINE RYAN HOWARD wrote:

> catherineryanhoward posted: “Welcome to the Distress Signals Blogging > Bonanza! What’s that, you’re wondering? Well, you can either go and read > this post or read the next sentence. In a nutshell: Distress Signals is out > in paperback in the UK and Ireland on January 5 (today!) and hits” >

2. Silver Screen Suppers says:

Loved it! You are a natural Vlogger. Don’t change a thing and please do more. My question for you is this, do you have a favourite procrastinatory meal? By which I mean, something you like to cook, when you should be writing?

Love from your fan who is not sure if procrastinatory is a word – Jenny from Silver Screen Suppers

3. MarkM says:

Hey Catherine! First, happy New Year! It’s nice to have the blog suddenly roar back to life. I was just catching up on my various blogs and saw (ok, was stunned to see) three unread posts from your blog. After refilling my coffee cup to be in the proper setting, I thoroughly enjoyed your posts as well as your video. It’s nice to put a voice to the mental image of you from having read your books and blog. You did a great job on your first video post and should keep on with the plan to do a video post weekly.

4. June says:

Well done, Catherine! You’re very photogenic and natural on-screen – defo should not be your last vlog! And thanks for the answer – very helpful.

5. Joel D Canfield says:

You are adorable (says the old man who loves all things Irish) and the video is not only fun, but well done. No, it’s not “highly polished” as they say, but it’s genuine, fun, and informative.

6. avrilsilk says:

Really interesting that you plan to reduce binge-writing – definitely too much pressure BUT that way of working enabled you to produce shed-loads of good stuff and a cracking best selling thriller to boot. Might the pressure be a necessity?

7. Jan Mendoza says:

OK Ms. Catherine! I went to your Youtube Channel and became your ELEVENTH subscriber! YES! ELEVEN! And, when you get a million Youtube subscribers.. I can say I was your ELEVENTH! So, no pressure of anything, but me being a YOUTUBE junkie, I hope to see more VLOGS from my favorite long-time blogger-…um that would be YOU! Hugs from Cali from your ELEVENTH youtube subscriber…. Jan from Cali!

8. katielookingforward says:

Yep, you’re great, keep up the good work! If it makes you feel better/hope it doesn’t annoy you, I had the video running in one tab while I was browsing other things on the internet. but either way, loved hearing your voice!