It’s Mousetrapped’s Birthday Week!

As the title of this post implies… it’s Mousetrapped‘s Birthday Week!

A year ago (tomorrow, to be specific) I launched my little weird book and – phew! – it was a good idea, as it turns out, so I’m celebrating. I’ve already swapped my pink typewriter out for some fireworks over Cinderella’s Castle and now, for old time’s sake, I’m going to dust off my book trailer:

I’m giving away 3 signed (and personally inscribed, if you like) copies ofΒ Mousetrapped‘s brand new sparkly second edition, which has a snazzy new back cover and photographs inside. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning one is to leave a comment on this post. (A smiley face will do!) Entries are open to everyone; I will ship worldwide. You can only enter once, and to be in with a chance you have to leave a comment on this post sometime before midnight GMT on Thursday (March 31st). If you’ve already read it, well, you might still like to see the new edition, or have a signed copy, or maybe you know someone else you would. (There’s a little button at the end of this post that enables you to e-mail it easily, if need be!) Check back here on Friday to see if you’ve won. And good luck!

So here’s how the rest of this week is going to go:

• This afternoon I’m going to share with you a chapter I cut from the finished book about the history of Walt Disney World, called “Project X”
  • Tomorrow is the first More Mousetrapped story
  • Wednesday I’ll be telling you about my – until then – Super Secret Self-Publishing Project No.1 which will be out by mid-May, all going to plan
  • Thursday I’ll be telling you about my Super Secret Self-Publishing Project No.2 which will be out by September, all going to plan with that too
  • Friday I’ll be announcing the winners of the giveaway and doing another “Big Reveal” post, breaking down my sales figures one year on.

49 thoughts on “It’s Mousetrapped’s Birthday Week!

1. Mark says:

Happy Birthday Mousetrapped! (If you sign my book and bring it to WDW I can meet you there. LOL!)

Seriously – congratulations! Glad to see the book at 1 year old!

2. Carolyn Avery says:

Happy 1st Birthday Mousetrapped. By coincidence I happen to be in Orlando on holiday.

Carolyn.

3. Patrick Walsh says:

Happy Birthday Mousetrapped!!
    Congratulations! You definitely deserve those fireworks!

4. Lauren says:

I found your site from akindleinhongkong and have enjoyed following Mousetrapped’s progress.

Your info on writing and the whole ebook phenomenon have been so inspiring, I’ve even started an online writing course.

I count it as a good omen that it commenced today!

Thank you so much Lauren- that’s so nice! And that definitely sounds like a good omen. You might want to check back here on Wednesday – the book I’m announcing then might be of interest to you, and I’ll be looking for “test” readers! (She says mysteriously!!)

5. Jefferson Palmer says:

Happy Birthday Mousetrapped! Just read the kindle edition and loved it, I am a huge fan of all things Disney World and have always had a personal want to work in Disney World as well, your book definitely shed some light on reality! Am looking forward to seeing what you write next whatever it is about as mousetrapped was so well written and easy to read.

6. Andrew Marmot says:

I just finished reading Mousetrapped last night on my Kindle, it was a fantatsic read, so much so it inspired me to following the links to your site today.

I’m looking to head back to Orlando again this year to once again attempt to see a shuttle launch, this will count as my sixth and certainly final attempt! Still there are worse places to be even if the shuttle stays inconsiderately glued to the pad.

7. JEL says:

Happy birthday! Any chance you can post Friday’s post super early that day? I have to get on a plane on Friday (well, really midnight here on the west coast of the US) and travel for 20+ hours and am dying to know how your first year ended up before I take off. Pretty please?

Just for you.. I’ll post just past midnight here on Thursday night/Friday morning, which I think if you’re on the West Coast is like early evening Thursday…? That should help! πŸ™‚

• JEL says:

Fantastic – thank you! A post up at midnight will be 6pm Thursday here which is well before I have to leave for my flight. Thanks so much! πŸ™‚

8. Catherine says:

From another Disney World obsessed Catherine with crazy curly hair that never behaves well in Florida…I loved your book! I’m glad to have found this site so I can enjoy more of your writing.

Thank you! FL was just one 18 month bad hair day for me.. couldn’t believe it when we went to New York for a few days and my hair was straight! πŸ™‚

Have you signed up for More Mousetrapped? (On the Mousetrapped site.) I’m working on a new story that I’ll be sending out in the a.m…

9. Leah says:

I’m new to your blog, but thoroughly enjoy reading it and I’m pleased I came before Mousetrapped’s birthday week started (not only so I could be in with winning a copy, ahem!). Self-publishing fascinates me, and I love reading about your journey and can’t wait to see what your new projects are!

Happy birthday, Mousetrapped, I hope it’s a goodun!

10. Hannah says:

Happy Birthday Mousetrapped!
    This book is the first book I bought for my Kindle and I devoured it over the weekend.
    So excited for my upcoming Florida holiday now!

11. Kevin Sutherland says:

I would love to sit have a cup of coffee with you. I think I am in love πŸ™‚

12. Kirstyn Bruno says:

Hi Catherine and happy birthday to Mousetrapped! My family and I love WDW and will be moving to Central Florida sometime between June 2012 and June 2013. We cannot wait! I just finished reading the Kindle version of Mousetrapped about 15 minutes ago and thoroughly enjoyed it!

13. Frances Valente says:

I have never ever wanted to visit Disneyland as I have a pathological loathing of Mickey Mouse. However, since I read your book I realised that perhaps I might have missed out on something special. Your book is brilliant and you inspired me to publish my first novel on Kindle. So whether or not I win a copy of your book – thank you.

14. Rocket Raven says:

It’s another beautiful day here in Salt Lake and a terrific time to wish you and your bundle of joy and pain a most glorious first birthday. May there be cake and dribble and strange stains on the carpet. Also don’t forget the balloon fights and noise makers for it’s your day indeed! I sincerely hope that you and your lovely hardback piece of heaven bask in the glow of your accomplishments and in the light of tomorrow’s gifts!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY MOUSETRAPPED!

CHEERS, XOXO!

15. Scotty B says:

Mousetrapped has quickly become the book I can’t put down….stealing moments at work, when I’m supposed to be doing the vacuuming at home, yada yada yada. But I’m loving every minute I can steal to read — and re-read — all the adventures and mis-adventures within. Thanks, Catherine!!!!!

16. Scott Rutherford says:

Happy Anniversary Mousetrapped! Just recommended my sister in law to read it on her kindle and she loaded it straight away to read whilst on holiday. Looking forward to your next book! ξ€Ž

17. Lawrie Maguire says:

Happy Birthday Mousetrapped! !!
    Absolutely loved the book. As a true Florida/Walt Disney World addict, it was just up my street. A perfect nostalgia fix to tide me over until my next visit. In fact, I think I might start rereading it again tonight. !
    Thank you..

18. Lizzy Daw says:

Happy Birthday Mousetrapped! Realy enjoyed the book – made me want to visit Florida which I previously had never considered. Roll on next February!

19. Andy Short says:

Happy Birthday Mousetrapped, loved the book and I now know when I thought I was in Celebration I was only in Water Tower shopping area, no wonder I was dissappointed. I will make the visit next time and read your signed book sat on the waterfront:)

20. Marianne says:

I’d love to read it again! I enjoyed every word of this book. In fact, I just returned from WDW and stayed to watch the parade thanks to you!

21. Brian Moran says:

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    Happy happy happy birthday!
    Congrats Catherine!
    Would love a signed version!
    πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚