Can you believe my little Mousetrapped will be a year old on March 29? I can’t!
(What’s even harder to believe is that next month, on February 28 to be exact, it will be three whole years since I left Orlando. What?)
To mark the occasion I will be doing some mildly exciting Mousetrapped-related things, such as another ‘Big Reveal’ post and a new edition with a few changes to the (back) cover and – fingers crossed! – zero typos. There’ll be more details closer to the date, but for now I’m just going to tell you about More Mousetrapped.
Most of the effort that goes into writing a memoir is spent on deciding what goes in and what gets left out and there were very good reasons for omitting episodes that while potentially funny, didn’t really fit in with everything else. (For instance if I’d included all the space-related stuff that had happened, the book would’ve been 50% just about space!) But why not share them now? I’ve decided to treat you (debatable, I know) to More Mousetrapped: short little pieces that I’ll send out once a month March 29.
These will be little episodes that for whatever reason did not make it into the book, like:
- The two fender-benders I mentioned in passing in the acknowledgements – oops!
- The infamous barbeque incident that got me banished to Housekeeping
- Why – and how – an executive planning committee at the hotel decided to capitalize on my Irishness
- How I ended up meeting one of the astronauts who was on board the Space Shuttle I saw fly into space
- The time Eva and I drove out to Cape Canaveral in the dark thinking we’d be able to see the Space Shuttle lit up on the pad, and instead ended up nearly running out of petrol and having to stop at a very scary gas station out in the middle of absolutely nowhere that was exactly like the one in the beginning of Urban Legend…
You can get these stories delivered direct to your inbox starting March 29 by signing up for them here. I’ve also completely revamped the Mousetrapped site so if you have an idle moment do go and have a look around.