This morning, I have two things to say to you, dear blog readers (and people who end up on this site by idly googling phrases such as “butter coffee handle” and “disney tattoo secret”):
1. HAPPY CHRISTMAS! I can say that guilt-free now that December is finally upon us and…
2. I warn you that I am about to start talking about Christmas. A lot. And not just today, but on a regular basis between now and my second favorite day of the year, December 25th. (My favorite day, lest I leave you wondering, is December 24th. Anticipation always wins out against the actual event and by mid-afternoon on Christmas Day it’s already all over.)
Because I love Christmas. Yes, despite being a raging Atheist, I am all for the most festive time of the year. I’ve no time for Scrooges who moan about commercialism and queues and repeats of The Sound of Music, because I love things like festive tunes playing in my local Tescos come October 1st, and shopping is one of my all time favorite past-times. And who doesn’t love presents? And fairy-lights! And baubles! And cinnamon-scented candles! And-
Okay. You get the idea.
Moreover, I’m excellent at Christmas. I do it really well. (The pictures on this post are of some of my efforts from last year.) My trees and decorations wouldn’t go amiss in Ideal Homes magazine, and my wrapping is renowned. (Sometimes the wrapping is by far the best part of the gift – well, I am technically unemployed!) And as I am always looking for more things to blog about so I can avoid racking (or is it wracking?) my brain for topics, I’ve decided that this year I’m going to do some Christmas posts.
And you can’t stop me.
(Well, you can not read them, but that’s okay. I’ll forgive you. As long as you don’t abandon me forever…)
So starting later today, I’ll be posting a series of Crafty Catherine Christmas posts. These will include life-changing topics such as:
- Gift ideas
- Making snowy windows
- Creative gift wrapping
- Decorating the perfect tree
- Preparing the best ever hot chocolate (with Christmas tree-shaped marshmallows!)
- Adventures in cupcake decorating (well, we’ll see – depends on how they turn out)
- Laying such an exquisite Christmas table that you force everyone to push their chairs back and eat off their knees so as not to upset it.
For all you Scrooges, fear not: not all my posts between now and December 25 will be Christmas-themed, so kindly don’t kick me off your Google Reader just yet.
(Not all, no. But most!)