Catherine loves getting e-mail, especially now that she’s unsubscribed to 50+ online store mailing lists and her inbox is feeling a little lonely, but getting e-mails that fall into any of the categories listed below make her feel like this:
Angry Dinosaur Face-Inducing Categories
- Questions about self-publishing
- Queries re: guest posts, link exchanges and advertising. The answer is no
- Mass e-mails from people who are selling something and don’t know how to BCC
- Sentiments that could’ve gone in a blog comment instead. (Tip: if it’s not private, put it in a comment! I read them too, you know…)
- I don’t provide services like formatting, marketing assistance or other general self-publishing consultations to individuals any more. So please, don’t ask.
Now because that was a little angry and sarcastic, here is something nice:
Look, it’s the place where the magic lives! And dreams come true! And ooh, sparkly fireworks!
Well done for reading all the way down here! And apologies too. To send a private message to Catherine, fill in the boxes below and click Submit.
One more thing though: *****I won’t answer your question about self-publishing*****. That’s not because I’m being rude, but because I’ve already written about 300,000 words about the subject on my blog which is available for free, and another 120,000 words in a book that you can buy for the price of 1 week’s speciality coffee habit. And I actually think it’s you who’s being a bit rude, if I’m honest, for taking the shortcut of e-mailing me instead of researching it like the rest of us had to do…
NB: Catherine is represented by Jane Gregory of Gregory & Company. You can contact them here.
I read all the e-mail I get but due to an acute lack of spare time, I can’t respond to most of it. Sorry! Therefore if you are sending me a message “just to say hi”, I’d much prefer a blog comment. Thank you!