Catherine loves getting e-mail, especially now that she’s unsubscribed to 50+ online store mailing lists and her inbox is feeling a little lonely, but getting e-mails that fall into any of the categories listed below make her feel like this:
Angry Dinosaur Face-Inducing Categories
- Questions about self-publishing that have already been answered on this site
- Offers to supply advertising or SEO bait thinly disguised as a guest post
- In fact, anything about guest posting, unless we’ve already spoken about it
- Impossibly open-ended questions about self-publishing, e.g. ‘How do I self-publish?’
- Mass e-mails from strangers who are selling something and don’t know how to BCC
- Invitations to review books in exchange for things. As of always, Catherine doesn’t review books
- Please read the above list again to make absolutely sure, because this doesn’t seem to be working…
Now because that was a little angry and sarcastic, here is something nice:
Look, it’s the place where the magic lives! And dreams come true! And ooh, sparkly fireworks!
Well done for reading all the way down here! And apologies too. To send a private message to Catherine, fill in the boxes below and click Submit.
One more thing though: I won’t answer your question about self-publishing. That’s not because I’m being rude, but because I’ve already written about 300,000 words about the subject on my blog which is available for free, and another 120,000 words in a book that you can buy for the price of 1 week’s speciality coffee habit. And I actually think it’s you who’s being a bit rude, if I’m honest, for taking the shortcut of e-mailing me instead of researching it like the rest of us had to do…