Author Keris Stainton has had a brilliant idea: she has organized an Authors for Japan auction where the lots are all wonderful writing and book-related things and all proceeds will go to the British Red Cross Japan Tsunami Appeal.
The bidding opened at 8am GMT today and will close at 8pm GMT this Sunday, March 20. To bid, you leave a comment with the amount of your bid in British Pounds in the relevant comment box (all items are listed in separate blog posts on the Authors for Japan website) and at the auction’s conclusion the highest bidder will be notified and instructed to make their donation.
There are some fantastic lots, such as:
- A critique of a covering letter and first chapter of a novel, plus a signed copy of Write To Be Published and “limited edition hessian crabbit bag” from Nicola Morgan
- Advice and feedback on synopsis, cover letter and first chapter from Caroline Smailes and BubbleCow
- Signed copies of The Disengagement Ring and Girl in a Spin by Clodagh Murphy, plus a character name in Clodagh’s next novel
- Signed copy of Ali McNamara’s debut novel From Notting Hill With Love… Actually, plus a signed proof copy of her next book Breakfast at Darcy’s way ahead of publication date – hot off the presses!
- Dedication in the front of Jill Mansell’s next book
- Critique of a submission package (query letter, synopsis and three chapters) plus signed hardcover copy of Getting Away With It by Julie Cohen
- Six months mentoring for a children’s or YA writer from Susie Day.
So get on over there and start bidding! It’s for an excellent cause. We’re all been shocked by what we’ve seen on the news over the last few days; let’s help those people and their country get what they need to recover from this horrific event.